- This event has passed.
Scoutmaster Indoor and Outdoor Leader Skills Training
March 11 @ 5:00 pm - March 13 @ 3:00 pm EST
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF REGISTRATION
(2/26/22 is the In-Person Indoor Portion, and 3/11-13/22 is the In-Person Outdoor Portion)
To be considered “TRAINED” new leaders must complete: Youth Protection Training,
Scout Master Leader Specific Training (SMLST), as well as Scout Master Outdoor Leader Skills (SMOLS).
To assure you receive credit for this training, please be sure and complete the volunteer
registration process with your pack or troop BEFORE attending this training.
Volunteers should have completed “Youth Protection Training” on-line at the BSA Website:
(Youth Protection Training) BEFORE coming to either portion of this course.
• The Indoor Training CAN be completed online via your my.scouting.org account. If you choose to take the Indoor Training online, you do NOT have to take the same training in-person and you do not have to pay the $15 fee. The online version of the training takes approximately 192 minutes.
• The Outdoor Training MUST be completed LIVE and the participant MUST complete the entire weekend in order to be considered “trained”.
- You must have completed your adult registration (recharter) for 2022 BEFORE attending the IN-PERSON portion(s) of this Training.
- You must bring a completed copy of your Health Form – Part A and Part B1 and Part B2 to the OUTDOOR portion of this Training
- Your Youth Protection Training (YPT) must be current.
SCOUTMASTER LEADER SPECIFIC TRAINING (INDOOR)
WHEN: February 26th (only one session required)
Sign in: 8:00 a.m. Training starts: 8:30 a.m. Training ends: 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Christ United Methodist Church
7535 Maynardville Pike,
Knoxville, TN 37938
FEE: $15.00 Indoor registration deadline is as follows:
Feb 23rd for the Feb 26th class
SCOUTMASTER LEADER SKILLS TRAINING (OUTDOOR)
WHEN: March 11-12-13
Check in: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Friday; Check-out by: 3:00 p.m. Sunday.
WHERE: Camp Pellissippi; Directions to camp and more information about this training will be given to each participant at the February 26th training or by request. New leaders must complete Leader Specific Training INDOOR portion before they participate in Outdoor Leader Skills Training.
COST: $50.00 This covers the cost of all food and supplies for the three-day weekend training on March 11th thru March 13th. Registration deadline is Tuesday, March 8th at 11:59pm. Due to the required pre-planning for this training program we will NOT be able to accept late registrations after Tuesday, March 8th at 11:59PM EDT.
Questions? Please contact: Bill Cocran, Mt. Cammerer Training Chair Cell: 865-323-4791 or e-mail: email@example.com or call the Mt. Cammerer District Director Anthony Ingram at (865) 455-5268 at the Scout Service Center during regular office hours to register.
You MUST register for this training to participate. Outdoor session walk-ons cannot be accepted because food and supplies must be ordered prior to the training date.